Friday, February 08, 2008

Advice from everyone

So, I am sitting in my little cube right now... have been all year. Its cold out, but the sun is shining. I don't enjoy my cube much, so I practice a new form of escapism, where you listen to pod-casts (internet talk-radio) about sailing all day. and I have pictures of my boat up on the walls, and background of my computer, and let my mind wander.

The particular podcast I have been listening too is furled sails... where they interview all these people who are sailing, or doing awesome sailing things. Often they will ask people who have shared a great story about their adventures what advice they would give anybody considering doing something similar.

The first thing that every single person has answered was "go do it". Thats the first advice that anybody ever gives... not what sort of boat to take, sort of gear, when, or how... but that anybody considering something similar, should just go do it.

I hope that some day I will be able to give similar advice.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: