FILED UNDER Random
So, I have been a home owner for almost a month. So far, so good. I have learned a few things:
- The roof will always leak. If its not leaking where your looking now, its leaking somewhere else.
- Plaster is a pain to repair... and the holes get bigger so easily.
- Appliance shopping makes you feel incredibly domestic... and almost sick to your stomach.
- Any project can not be solved with a single trip to Lowes... you must make several trips before you even start.
- A case of beer does not last a whole weekend of "working on the house".
- You will never put a shopvac filter on correctly the first time, and you will shoot dust all over the house.
- Bulbs in the basement always burn out when your trying to catch a bug, carrying something heavy, trying to avoid the water overflowing from the washer.
Blogged with Flock